Suspect Accused Of Beating Victim With A Metal Pipe


Tribune Staff Reporter


A 35-year-old man, accused of assaulting a man with a metal pipe last week, was charged in the Magistrate’s Court yesterday.

Dario Gaitor appeared before Senior Magistrate Derrence Rolle-Davis charged with assault with a dangerous weapon after he was accused of assaulting Samuel Rahming with a metal pipe on November 19 while at Island Luck in Central Andros.

He was further charged with making death threats to Rahming. Gaitor pleaded not guilty to both offences.

Bail was denied. Gaitor’s attorney told the magistrate an application had already been made and asked him to transfer the accused to a local police station.

Magistrate Rolle-Davis subsequently adjourned the case to February 3.

Nicardo Gordon, 29, also appeared before Magistrate Rolle-Davis yesterday.

He was charged with assaulting a police officer, disorderly behaviour, using obscene language and resisting arrest. Officers alleged Gordon committed the offences on November 19.

During yesterday’s hearing, the accused pleaded not guilty to all charges. Magistrate Rolle-Davis subsequently granted Gordon $1,000 bail with one surety and adjourned his case to February 2.

Nathan Smith, 19, was also arraigned yesterday for causing damage. The police officer alleged that he caused damage to his aunt’s home window on October 31 following a dispute with his uncle.

The court was told the cost of the damage was estimated at $291.62.

When given the chance to speak, Smith, who pleaded guilty to the offence, said he threw a rock at his uncle after they became involved in a heated argument.

He claimed his uncle was on drugs and never contributed to paying the bills in the house.

“He just does make noise every night… and I tell him about it and he take it another (way) and I gone to hit him with a rock, but instead I hit him with a rock right to the window,” he said.

Smith’s attorney, Ian Cargill, told Magistrate Rolle-Davis his client had no previous convictions and was remorseful for his actions.

Magistrate Rolle-Davis subsequently ordered Smith to compensate his aunt by next Friday for the damage caused. Failure to do so would result in one month’s imprisonment.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.