By FARRAH JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Reporter
Deputy Chief Magistrate Andrew Forbes ordered a 33-year-old man to attend anger management classes after he admitted to assaulting a man with a cutlass last week.
Devon Johnson was charged with one count of assault with a dangerous instrument. He allegedly wielded a cutlass at Christoph Campbell on June 23.
It was alleged that Johnson threatened to harm Mr Campbell while armed with the cutlass and was subsequently arrested when the alleged victim made a complaint.
The court was told that when police showed Johnson surveillance footage of the incident on June 24, he identified himself in the video and admitted to the offence.
During yesterday’s arraignment Johnson’s attorney said the incident happened only because the defendant was “concerned for the safety of his mother”.
Magistrate Forbes accepted Johnson’s guilty plea and ordered him to attend anger management classes at the Department of Social Services.