By FARRAH JOHNSON
Tribune Staff Reporter
A 35-year-old man who assaulted another man earlier this week was yesterday denied bail ahead of his trial.
Denis Rolle was accused of assaulting Brendan Comarcho on August 3. The prosecution said the incident occurred around 9pm on Davis Street in the Fox Hill area.
During his hearing before Deputy Chief Magistrate Andrew Forbes yesterday, Rolle denied the allegation and the matter was adjourned to October 1 for trial.
After Rolle pleaded not guilty, Magistrate Forbes said he could not grant him bail due to previous convictions he had received on housebreaking and armed robbery charges.
Rolle was subsequently remanded to the Bahamas Department of Correctional Service until trial.
He has a right to apply to the Supreme Court for bail.