Mother In Tears As She Tells Of Finding Son Dead


The three young men, with faces concealed, who are accused over the killing of Adonai Wilson.


Tribune Staff Reporter


PATRICIA-MAE Wilson fought back tears in the Supreme Court yesterday as she recalled a 24-hour window on December 9, 2015 within which she had sent her son off to his father in good health only to later find him lying face down in the street, having been stabbed.

The mother of 12th grade Doris Johnson Senior High School student, Adonai Wilson, told a 12-member jury that her dead son would have turned 17 this Thursday if he had still been alive.

“When was the last time you saw him alive?” prosecutor Kristan Stubbs asked.

“It was the day before he died, which was the eighth when he left to go to his father,” the teen’s mother said.

“He was healthy from what appearance I saw. Only God knows what gone on inside,” she added.

Speaking about the day her son was fatally stabbed, Wilson’s mother said she had to make a “couple of runs” that day.

“I got a call from my daughter that he (Adonai) got stabbed on Prince Charles (Drive) by the light. I made my way out there and the traffic was thicker. I kept coming in and out of the lane, not knowing what I was going to. As I moved towards Esso (Service Station), the ambulance passed me,” Mrs Wilson said.

“It parked across from where Adonai was. I parked in front of it and I ran out of the car to where Adonai was. He was lying face down,” she added.

“After you saw him, what did you do?” the prosecutor then asked.

“I broke down, I broke down and cry,” Wilson’s mother said, as she wiped away tears from her eyes.

“After you saw your son, where did you go?” the prosecutor asked.

“I had to accompany him to the hospital so I drove in front in the ambulance with the driver to PMH,” the witness said.

The witness said she and her family returned to the Rand Morgue at Princess Margaret Hospital to identify her now dead son.

Three accused teens, ages 18, 15 and 17, who deny murdering her son, sat in the prisoner’s dock as Mrs Wilson gave her evidence.

According to initial reports, Wilson, 16, was stabbed multiple times during an argument with several other students shortly after school was dismissed early because of exams. He died in hospital a short time later.

The incident took place around 2pm on Prince Charles Drive and a graphic cell phone video of the incident was spread on social media.

The teens have retained attorneys Murrio Ducille, Roberto Reckley and Ian Cargill to represent them.

Bradford McKenzie is assisting in the prosecution of the case.

Tai Pinder appears alongside Mr Reckley and Karissma Romer with Mr Ducille.

Before Mrs Wilson was called to the witness stand, the jury heard evidence from Detective Cpl Davard Frazier who said that on December 11, 2015, he went to the Rand Lab where he saw and spoke with a pathologist who gave him certain information.

He said the physician pointed out to him an apparent stab wound in the centre of a lifeless male’s back, another at the back waist line and two to the upper right arm.

The officer said he photographed the face and injuries of the dead male and received toxicological samples from the pathologist that he later turned over to the police forensic lab for DNA tracing and forensic analysis.

The trial resumes today before Justice Bernard Turner.


CommonSense 3 years, 6 months ago

Surprised that the comment section for this story isn't locked... Anyway, I hope these kids get the punishment that they deserve.


Sign in to comment